Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Warning: this blog may contain political opinions...

So, Brandon and I have gone and done it. We have decided to share our political views and worldly opinions with others. But we have decided to keep it kind-of separate from our family blog. At the bottom right of this blog, we have added a link to our favorite political candidates, links to our religious connections and a link to our new blog, where we feel free to say exactly what we think. We feel it right to warn you, if you think that knowing our views of the world and politics and religion and so on would change your love for us as family or friends, just stick to this site and don't scroll down too far. If I have intrigued you far too much just now, go ahead and pop down to give it a look-see. We have just started the other blog so there is not much to see yet. But I sure have a lot of stuff going on in my head right now. I thought that would be a good place to put it.
It is funny how politics and religion seem to be two big NO-No's when it comes to talking to people, especially family. But people are entitled to their own opinions. That is why the voting system works. You can't count every one's opinion. So you take the opinion that is expressed the most. It is not always the most popular opinion or position. Sometimes the minority is just much better at getting their opinion heard and the majority think that there are so many of them, they don't have to state their opinion, because enough others are bound to have said it. I hope that none of you will take your opinions for granted. Whatever it is, it matters. Especially right now. Of course, I hope that you would all agree with my opinion, as it is the right one. HA HA! I would state for the record that I am both Republican and Mormon. I have the right and the privelidge to make these choices, just as everyone else does. It is fun to debate others with different views, while secretly trying to make them come over to your side. But in the end, we are all entitled to our own opinions, and Brandon and I have decided not to be afraid of ours. Hope you'll still love me in the morning. -P-

1 comment:

L said...

I think it is great to get your opinion out there. I am lesha kirkwood and I approve this message.