Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Welcome Autumn!

In honor of the change of season, we have changed our blog colors. It is a little unfortunate that our neighbors just cut down there oak tree as we will miss out on jumping into a pile of leaves. We will not miss raking the leaves and cleaning the gutters however. We can always go to the Grandparents house and jump in their leaves.

I had a wonderful birthday weekend. The tradition in our family is to make your birthday last as long as you can. Mine started on Thursday, but I think my last official party will be on Saturday for a Kirkwood September birthday party. There are several of us on that side that have September birthdays. This birthday party will be mixed with a Welcome to the family shower for my new nephew Tanner. We get to meet him soon! That will be the best present.

My sister did give me a pretty good laugh as a present. I had said in a e-mail that I needed new shoes. On Saturday, my sister's family and my parents were over for a party. We were opening presents and my niece, Emily, was really excited to have me open theirs. When I opened the wrapping I saw that it was a shoe box and Emily said "Guess what's inside?" I said "Shoes" jokingly, because people don't really buy shoes as a gift. It's almost like buying someone underpants. I opened it and it was shoes. Then I noticed they were really old, worn out shoes. I am sure my shock showed on my face, because everyone started laughing. Emily told me to keep looking and their was a gift card underneath it. My sister was just tired of giving a gift card inside the birthday card and wanted to have a wrapped gift. We all had a really good laugh.

Thanks to everyone who helped make my birthday so great. Anna gave me a card she drew with a picture of me & her (see below) and Riley made me a card that said "Happy Birthday to you. You live in a zoo. You look like a monkey and you smell like one too." I'm not sure that I look like a monkey, but I know I live in a zoo! -P-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the shoe joke enough to add it to your blog!

Love,
Kristine